Saturday, September 25, 2010

Open World Conference 2010 Part One

Dear readers,

Oracle OpenWorld was fantastic this year. With the addition of JavaOne and Oracle Develop conference more than 40,000 people attended this year! It seems like OOW keeps getting bigger and better each year. Some good photos of the first day of the conference.



Larry Ellison gave a very technical keynote to open the conference which was much more focused on technical details than what he usually presents. Below is good video that I took for Larry Ellison's keynote on Cloud Computing.




As a new Oracle ACE Director, I enjoyed the briefing that I participated in at Oracle HQ before the conference. My thanks go out to Lillian, Vikki, and Justin for a fantastic job in taking great care of us Oracle ACEs and Oracle ACE Directors for the conference!

We also had a fantastic Oracle ACE cruise on Sunday evening with lots of good food, drinks and discussion.




I presented my session on Monday afternoon and we had a good turnout over 150 folks came to learn about Oracle R12 E-Business Performance tuning. For me, the best part of the OOW conference was sharing my technical knowledge with fellow Oracle professionals as well as networking with peers, seeing old friends again and meeting new ones. When folks came to me after my session to gave me excellent feedback it makes me happy that I am helping out fellow Oracle professionals with their technical challenges.

No comments: