In the last post, we discussed how to install SOA Suite for Oracle Fusion Middleware. This post will provide some quick tips on how to configure Release 12 of the Oracle Applications E-Business Suite with SOA Fusion Middleware. As a caveat, I want to advise you all that all versions of Oracle EBS prior to 12.1 are not supported for SOA Fusion Middleware based on discussions with Oracle support. With that said, I will summarize the details. Since my test environment is 12.0.4 and SOA requires 12.1, I do not have actual screen shots yet. What I will do is to revisit the specifics in a future post once I have upgraded my test 12.0.4 EBS environment to 12.1.2 ( a lengthy process!). OK so lets get started.
The reference details are further contained and hidden away in a few key notes from MyOracleSupport (formerly Metalink):
Oracle Metalink Note: 755067.1 - Using Oracle BPEL 10g with E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1
Oracle Metalink Note 556540.1 Installing Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway, Release 12.1
MetaLink Note 755069.1 -EBS R12 Packager and Adapters for External Application Servers
Step A: Perform the following steps for enabling Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway Release 12.1:
1. Apply the following Oracle E-Business Suite patch:
Patch 9060361:R12.TXK.B: FSG: Log Location and Level Properties Not Accessible from OAFM
As with all EBS patches, you will need to verify that all pre-requisite and co-requisite patches have been applied successfully to the 12.1.x E-Business Suite via Auto Patch without errors. Be sure to review the readme instructions!
2. Set applications environment and stop all application tier processes.
From the applications instance $APPL_TOP, set the environment by running the APPS.env script
3. Shutdown the application tier processes for your EBS instance by running $ADMIN_SCRIPTS_HOME/adstpall
4. Run TXK development script to install Oracle Application Server Adapter for Oracle Applications as shown below:
$FND_TOP/bin/txkrun.pl -script=CfgOC4JApp -applicationname=pcapps -oracleinternal=Yes -oc4jpass=welcome -runautoconfig=No
5. Run TXK deployment script to install forms-c4ws.ear and configure container Forms-c4ws J2EE group correctly, as shown below:
6. Enable the new container forms-c4ws. (By default, the new OC4J container forms-c4ws will be disabled.)
To enable the new container forms-c4ws, modify the following values of context variables in the $CONTEXT_FILE:
Set 's_forms-c4wsstatus' to "enabled".
Set 's_forms-c4ws_nprocs' to "1".
7. Run AutoConfig. For information on how to run AutoConfig, see "Using AutoConfig to Manage System Configurations in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12", My Oracle Support Knowledge Document 387859.1 for details.
8. Start all application tier processes for the instance by running the script $ADMIN_SCRIPTS_HOME/adstrtal
9. Enable ASADMIN user per details in the Oracle Metalink suport notes
10. Log on to Oracle E-Business Suite using sysadmin
11. Bounce the middle tier for R12 EBS environment
Part B: Configure SOA Suite with Release 12.1.x for Oracle Applications E-Business Suite
I will provide a summary of steps for the required tasks to configure the Oracle SOA Suite with Release 12 for Oracle EBS:
1. Register your installation of SOA Suite with R12 EBS instance per details from Oracle MetaLink Note 755069.1
This involves generating a new DBC file to use with SOA Suite and your EBS instance.
2. Create BPEL domains in SOA environment
3. Create JDBC connection pools in SOA instance for OC4J to access each EBS 12.1 instance
4. Define data sources between SOA instance and EBS 12.1 instances
5. Create Oracle adapter connection between SOA and 12.1 EBS instances
Hope this helps you to get started on your quest to configure Oracle Release 12.1 with SOA Suite Fusion Middleware!